Re: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-requirements-04.txt> (Codec Requirements) to Informational RFC

2011-06-20 11:03:01
On Jun 20, 2011, at 15:31, Cullen Jennings wrote:

This is all a sort of confusing point of many IETF documents and not unique
to this one. I think the important points is that for many IETF documents,
the people listed on the front page are not the authors. Typically the list
of authors is a much longer list. And to clarify what I mean by Author, I
mean it in the sense that it would used in copyright law. I do think the
Acknowledgements section needs to identity anyone who is a contributor to the
document. The limit on number of people on the front pages makes it
impossible to even put all the authors on the front page if we wanted to.

Ceterum censeo: A situation that is untenable.

(And that may actually be problematic in countries with droit
d'auteur/Urheberrecht such as Germany, but that's not my point.)

Gruesse, Carsten