RE: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

2011-06-20 10:52:09
But that was then and now is now 8->.  One could simply say "suck it up".

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Henk Uijterwaal
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:55 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't
exorbitant?

On 19/06/2011 08:01, Glen Zorn wrote:
On 6/18/2011 9:52 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

Frankly, I'm appalled at the prices and think it's highly
inappropriate for
IETF to be meeting in venues where the "conference hotels" are so
expensive.

May I point out that there has been a survey on the topic and the
community
expressed a clear preference for Quebec over other Canadian cities,
knowing
that travel would be longer and the number of cheap alternative hotels
smaller.

Henk

-------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746