Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

2011-06-20 11:55:55

Keith,

Here is the tradeoff:

"The community" has expressed a strong preference for one-roof venues
[which often translates to convention center + hotel next door in our
case] in a city setting (City West and Maastricht being non-examples).

This leads to (generally speaking):

* Somewhat expensive main hotel rates (although I agree that hotel
  rates seem to be as variable and unpredictable as airline rates, and
  I would hope we could do better even if we sign the contract several
  years in advance.)

* More choices in the city nearby ranging from apartment rentals,
  smaller hotels etc, etc.

The second item is intended to address your "inclusive" point. As has
been pointed out, QC offers a good range of hotels at various price
points.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo