Re: HOMENET working group proposal

2011-06-30 03:03:18
Fernando Gont wrote:

I personally consider this property of "end-to-end connectivity" as
"gone".

How do you think about P2P applications?

I think about applications that would benefit from e2e connectivity, but
since it is gone, they have to spend quite a bit of effort to traverse
middleboxes such as NATs. -- the network is not dumb anymore.

As I wrote, with PR-IP such as E2ENAT, the network can be dumb.

If several fixed port numbers are blocked, what's wrong if the
network is dumb?

Anyway, as it is a lot easier for applications to traverse NAT
than to support IPv6, you should better say IPv6 has never
arrived.

                                                Masataka Ohta