RE: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

2011-07-05 10:05:01
Yes, the Linksys E2000, E3000, E4200, WRT610N, and a small batch of Apple
Airports had 6to4 on by default, but the latest firmware versions turn that
off.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: v6ops-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:v6ops-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Keith Moore
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:26 PM
To: robert(_at_)raszuk(_dot_)net
Cc: v6ops(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

On Jul 2, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Robert Raszuk wrote:

Hi Keith,

I personally don't have any objection to the notion that 6to4 should
be off by default and should require explicit configuration to enable
it.

Is there any feature (perhaps other then netboot) on commercial or open
source routers which is not off by default and which would require explicit
configuration to enable it ?

I have understood that in the past there were a few routers that enabled
6to4 by default, though I don't know whether this is the case any longer.
I also believe that there are currently hosts that enable 6to4 by default if
there is no native v6 connectivity and the host has a public IPv4 address.

Keith