Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

2011-07-03 08:02:29
On Jul 3, 2011, at 7:10 AM, Gert Doering wrote:

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 11:11:43PM -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
There's clearly a lack of consensus to support it.

There's two very vocal persons opposing it and a much larger number of
people that support it, but have not the time to write a similarily
large amount of e-mails.  For me, this is enough for "rough consensus".

There were several people opposing it at Last Call - enough that no amount of
emails in favor would result in rough consensus.   What this is, is an attempt
to railroad this through IETF without getting consensus.

(And I second everything Lorenzo, Randy and Cameron said - there's
theoretical possibilities, and real world.  6to4 fails the real-world
test.  Get over it, instead of attacking people that run real-world
networks for the decisions they need to do to keep the networks running
in a world without enough IPv4 addresses).

In the real world, there are lots of people successfully using 6to4, and
there's no good replacement for it.

Keith