Re: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-ion-report-06.txt> (Report on the Experiment with IETF Operational Notes (IONs)) to Informational RFC

2011-07-12 21:46:21
13.07.2011 1:20, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Mykyta,

I think the draft is fine without this addition, which contains some statements
that I disagree with. I don't think analysis is needed; this all ancient history
anyway.
Brian,

Let me explain why I'm planning to include this sub-section. The current draft, after giving background, lists all IONs which were published. Then it notifies the reader about de-facto closure of the experiment by IESG and provides information on what was done with IONs. Finally, there is a conclusion, which states that IONs were a bad idea. Such conclusion needs some basis, and will be unjustified without any analysis of why were IONs a bad idea.

If you have some objections/proposals, please feel free to express them. I think we'll be able to find some consensus.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

Regards
    Brian

On 2011-07-13 04:50, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
Hello,

As Russ agreed to sponsor this document on I-D submission cut-off date,
I did make only some minor changed proposed by him during AD
evaluation.  However I thought the document would be incomplete without
analysis, so after LC I propose to add the following sub-section in the
draft:

3.4. Analysis and Results

[ . . . ]

    abandoned, as proposed by Section 4 of RFC 4693 [RFC4693].
In order not to request the 2nd LC after this text is included, I'd like
to seek community feedback on it during this Last Call.

Thanks,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev