Re: Reminder: Remote Participation Support for Admin Plenary Tonight

2011-07-27 16:54:02
On 2011-07-28 09:48, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
Hi,

per the discussion in the jabber room, one issue is that the rtsp, sip,
and tel URIs were not available at the ietf page. They should be made
available so that people can use them without accessing the meetecho web
page if they want.

With respect to the audio quality, I have not checked which codecs they use.

I don't know about the codecs, but there is a wireless hop. I'm getting
frequent very short drops as well as slightly buzzy sound and less fidelity
than the parallel session streaming. The voices of people I know well are
harder to recognise.

   Brian

Cheers,

Gonzalo

Alexa,

Writing from Auckland NZ, I wish to object to the fact that the regular
audio streaming is not avaialble for the plenaries. It's a signficant
inconvenience.

Meetecho requires login and is picky about browser versions and Java
versions,
forced me to blindly accept a security certificate, takes a long time to
start
up compared to regular streaming, and the sound quality is definitely worse.

I have no objection to it being run in parallel but please restore the
regular
streaming for plenaries.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter