Re: Reminder: Remote Participation Support for Admin Plenary Tonight

2011-07-27 17:43:29
Hi,

I don't know about the codecs, but there is a wireless hop. I'm getting
frequent very short drops as well as slightly buzzy sound and less fidelity
than the parallel session streaming. The voices of people I know well are
harder to recognise.

one aspect to consider is that long play-out buffers increase the audio
quality but also increase the delay. Many people have complained about
not being able to effectively participate in the meetings remotely using
the traditional audio streams because of the long delay. On the other
hand, short play-out buffers reduce the delay but can also reduce the
quality under bad network conditions.

As you said, different situations require different services and having
both services available makes sense.

Cheers,

Gonzalo