Re: A modest proposal for Friday meeting schedule

2011-08-01 08:40:03
Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau(_at_)lucidvision(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Jul 31, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Eric Burger wrote:
On Jul 31, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

Something like this:
8:30-11:00 Session I
11:15-12:15 Session II
12:30-13:30 Session III

I really like it, as there are a bunch of post-IETF stuff, some of
which starts in the afternoon and thus conflicts with the IETF.

I'd actually vote for NO meetings on Fridays...

   We have been trying to treat Friday as a "real" day for a year or so,
and it's only partly working.

   For IETF81, I'd have to rate the Friday TSVWG and V6OPS an a success
(though I was barely functional by then). Squeezing them into the
Monday-Thursday schedule would have made for serious conflicts.

   We need some improved paradigms...

   For one, I suggest we take remote-participation _seriously_ for the
Friday meetings. Many of us are waiting-for-Godot at airports on Friday,
and could certainly wear a headphone/mike and watch our laptop screens.
Meetecho seemed ready to manage that sort of thing. :^)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>