Re: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

2011-08-06 11:17:30
On 8/6/2011 8:48 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Dear Glen;

Thanks for all of this information. Do you know if there is an
"off-season" for
Bangkok ?

Yes, it's pretty much now (July, August & September).  However, November
is widely considered the nicest month of the year: it's at the tail end
of the rainy season, so the air is drying out but it's not too hot.
December is very nice, too, but it's the beginning of the high tourist
season so hotel prices go up.

BTW, I neglected to mention in my reply to Fred that the convention
center is a couple of blocks from one of the largest markets in the
city, specializing in seafood.  It's a night market, meaning that it
doesn't open until around midnight but if you're an early riser it
doesn't close until 8-9 AM.  There are several Western-style
supermarkets nearby, too.