Re: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

2011-08-11 06:02:31
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

Since I have not hear a single word of news from Thailand for a long time (apart from that story about the jailed American author), I assume things are "just fine" there nowadays. Human trafficking nothwithstanding :-)

They just performed an election <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011> and there was a clear winner and the result doesn't seem to be contested, so right now there are no obvious issues to cause major political problems.

Basically, the "red shirt" protesters from last year got their party elected, so if there are going to be protests, it'll be some other group.

Of course, 2013 is a long way out so there is no way to tell for sure, but as someone else wrote, London right now shows that there is nothing that is sure anywhere.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se