Re: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

2011-08-10 02:17:26
On 8/10/2011 5:12 AM, Dean Willis wrote:

Y'all come on down to Dallas. It was 39C while I was walking the dog
last night, down from the daily peak of about 44C. We're looking
forward to October, when the highs should drop to 32C. And the lows
to around zero .... pack a sweater.

And yep, I'm probably a flabby, nigh-on-fiftyish average IETF
attendee. We're tougher than you think, Ole!

On the other hand, 22 hours of air travel is pretty much close to
fatal.

My total travel time home from QC was ~32 hours.  I lived...

Whatever happened to bunk beds on planes?

Or seats designed for adults rather than children, for that matter?

Couldn't we just rent a university building in Hawaii? That's sort of
a midway point between everything. Classroom chairs can't be any
worse than Hilton chairs, and it would be really handy to have
built-in white boards for markup. Besides, I've always wanted to have
a plenary in a football stadium. With cheerleaders.

-- Dean