Re: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

2011-08-08 09:56:50

--On Monday, August 08, 2011 07:48 -0700 Joel Jaeggli
<joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com> wrote:

Of course, given some of the other suggestions made recently,
we probably should also be considering Tel Aviv as a meeting
site -- from what I understand, non-trivial numbers of IETF
participants (unlike some places discussed recently),
plausible hotel costs, decent airport and international
connections, good in-country Internet infrastructure.  Might
be plausible for a late fall or early spring meeting if there
are adequate meeting facilities... I take the above to be a
hint that August should be avoided.

Wanna have the visa-issue like in the US?

I'm aware of the problem.  I'm also aware that we keep holding
meetings in the US and that some participants didn't find Canada
a whole lot better this time around.   And I'm also aware that
Israeli passport holders have absolutely no chance of getting
visas for some of the locations that have been discussed
recently, no matter how much they participate in the IETF or how
long in advance they apply.  So I'd personally think that issue
should be in the "tradeoff" category, rather than the
"showstopper" one.

   john