Re: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

2011-08-08 09:49:24

On Aug 8, 2011, at 7:43 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Monday, August 08, 2011 16:56 +0300 Yoav Nir
<ynir(_at_)checkpoint(_dot_)com> wrote:

(34 in April, 31 in December, lowest nightime temp 21 in
December and 27 in April-May-June).

Pretty much like Tel Aviv in August.

Tucson or Phoenix have much higher temperatures, but what it
lacks in raw degrees, Bangkok makes up for with suffocating
humidity.

I don't think there's an amount of air conditioning that would
make me complain in Bangkok.

I've been in meetings in Bangkok and been cold in the meeting
rooms.  Of course, tastes differ... but I grew up in Tucson and
rather liked the summers especially as long as relative humidity
stayed in single digits. :-)

Of course, given some of the other suggestions made recently, we
probably should also be considering Tel Aviv as a meeting site
-- from what I understand, non-trivial numbers of IETF
participants (unlike some places discussed recently), plausible
hotel costs, decent airport and international connections, good
in-country Internet infrastructure.  Might be plausible for a
late fall or early spring meeting if there are adequate meeting
facilities... I take the above to be a hint that August should
be avoided.

Wanna have the visa-issue like in the US?

   john