Re: https

2011-08-27 04:50:31
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Barton" <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>
To: "Joel jaeggli" <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>
Cc: "t.petch" <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>; "IETF Discussion"
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<webmaster(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: https

Joel,

I don't know what "It doesn't" is supposed to mean, but visiting
https://www.ietf.org/* today with firefox it is still reporting that the
certificate expired yesterday.

Doug

How I interpreted the reply is that some mailing list archives can be accessed
without using TLS, typically by going to the Working Group page and selecting
the archive from there; v6ops is such a one.

But as I pointed out yesterday, if you go to the ietf mailing list pages, such
as
http://www.ietf.org/list/nonwg.html
then that contains some 250 or more html anchors with a scheme of https:, and
that is the only way I know of accessing some of the archives (I was looking for
the IESG comments on the approval of an I-D, comments which I had missed at
announce time).

I tried editing the URI to remove the 's' but the IETF website puts it back
again:-(

Tom Petch

Given the volume of discussion about the topic starting yesterday when
the problem started one could easily make a case for "it's still broken"
being a significant "issue."

cc'ing the address listed as "Report Website Errors" on the home page.

Doug