Re: https

2011-08-29 09:48:31
On 26 Aug 2011, at 16:24 , Tim Bray wrote:

I'm increasingly coming to think that *everything* should be done with
TLS unless you can prove it's harmful.  Call me paranoid, but given
the general state of the world, secure-by-default seems like the way
to go.  -Tim

That would be nice in a world where such security didn't slow everything down,
especially on high RTT links. HTTPS really makes everything a whole lot slower
on a mobile device, not to mention using extra battery power.

There is absolutely no reason mailinglist archives or most other stuff on
www.ietf.org needs more protection than any other random web page and as such
imposing the additional overhead on other people is very annoying.