Re: TSVDIR review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-dns-srv-namespace

2011-09-12 15:15:51
On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

On 9/12/2011 11:41 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
I think at this point we're just talking past each other, but I
simply disagree with your assertion that RFC 2782 should be taken as
a prohibition on using SRV RRs in any way other than defined in RFC
2782.

It might be useful to explain to this list what you think a spec means, so we
can understand what you think it means to comply with a spec.

I think RFC 2782 inappropriately specified SRV RRs by defining both the label
syntax and the RDATA syntax at the same time.