Re: TSVDIR review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-dns-srv-namespace

2011-09-12 15:23:50

On 9/12/2011 1:15 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

On 9/12/2011 11:41 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
I think at this point we're just talking past each other, but I
simply disagree with your assertion that RFC 2782 should be taken as
a prohibition on using SRV RRs in any way other than defined in RFC
2782.

It might be useful to explain to this list what you think a spec means, so we
can understand what you think it means to comply with a spec.

I think RFC 2782 inappropriately specified SRV RRs by defining both the label
syntax and the RDATA syntax at the same time.

How is that different from every other RR except TXT?

Joe