Re: Last Call: <draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-02.txt> (Complaint Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations) to Informational RFC

2011-10-05 04:56:41
Douglas Otis wrote:

MAAWG will insist on keeping this. The primary purpose, in my mind, is to show that even though this wasn't written within the IETF it was still written by people who really do know what they're talking about.

and thats the problem with people who believe that.

I agree with Frank on this issue. The PR blurb should not be included. If MAAWG finds removal unacceptable, they are free to publish the document themselves among their other documents. MAAWG has a closed membership heavily influenced by ISPs and high volume senders. The IETF has normally resisted this type of influence by not referring to specific organizations. Such influence is not always beneficial from the perspective of many IETF objectives.

+1000.

--
HLS