Re: Last Call: <draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-02.txt> (Complaint Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations) to Informational RFC

2011-10-05 15:19:22
The "no derivative" clause makes it impossible to incorporate the
material in this draft in any IETF work.

Section 3.3 of RFC 5378, on derivative works says:

   There are two exceptions to this requirement: documents
   describing proprietary technologies and documents that are
   republications of the work of other standards organizations.

It looks to me like the latter clause applies here. RFC 5744 has
similar language specifically for the Independent stream.

Since J.D. happens to be on the relevant MAAWG committee, he could
probably get approval to make minor changes, e.g., move the MAAWG
blurb to the end, but I would rather the IETF stop nitpicking and just
publish it.  It's a reasonable discussion of a relevant topic on which
MAAWG has more expertise than the IETF.

RFCs 5564, 5728, 5830, 5831, and 5832, all are republished and have
no-derivative notices, so this wouldn't be particularly new or
unusual.

R's,
John