RE: Last Call: <draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-02.txt> (Complaint Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations) to Informational RFC

2011-10-06 00:00:45
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John Levine
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:19 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-02.txt> (Complaint
Feedback Loop Operational Recommendations) to Informational RFC

The "no derivative" clause makes it impossible to incorporate the
material in this draft in any IETF work.

Section 3.3 of RFC 5378, on derivative works says:

   There are two exceptions to this requirement: documents
   describing proprietary technologies and documents that are
   republications of the work of other standards organizations.

It looks to me like the latter clause applies here. RFC 5744 has
similar language specifically for the Independent stream.

Concur.  I'm in support of publication, as well as the "enough with the
nitpicking already" sentiment.

-MSK