Re: watersprings.org archive of expired Internet Drafts

2011-10-07 17:00:56
On 10/7/11 02:36 , t.petch wrote:
I had been waiting a while for a quiet moment on the list to express my regret
at the passing of Watersprings - R.I.P.

Apart from I-D announcements that made to a WG list I track, then watersprings
was my primary source for all I-D, simply because the web site was so good,
probably as close to perfection as I will ever see.

No thousands of .gif to spend ages downloading, no Megabytes of XML that take
half an hour to process, no https that locks up the workstation more often
than
not, no need for a user manual to explain how to do what; just a simple,
self-evident interface, as simple as it could be but no simpler (a paragon of
engineering design) taking me to exactly what I needed, almost every time (no
irtf, but I learnt to live with that).

the tools.ietf.org webpage weighs in at whole 46KB gifs included.

the draft I'm currently editing as rendered by it is 4KB.

watersprings, you are sorely missed.

Tom Petch