Re: watersprings.org archive of expired Internet Drafts

2011-10-08 08:08:16
On 2011-10-08 09:20, t.petch wrote:
I want an I-D and I know fairly accurately what it is called although my
reference might be to an out-of-date version, or perhaps to a version that is
yet to be adopted by a WG with a consequent name change.

The brilliance of watersprings was I could go click, click, click and be there,
with a list of close relatives, all on one page, NOTHING TO TYPE.  The curse of
WIMPS is having to move between mouse and keyboard.  All keyboard is a pain, I
can never remember when to use Ctl-Alt-back arrow etc.  All mouse is a dream,
and watersprings gave me that.

If I'm looking for an internet draft where I only know parts of the name I usually use a search engine; that's what they are for.

With the current flavour of the IETF web site, I usually go via charters - WG -
I-D list and then find 103 I-Ds in an order I cannot divine, give up and accept
that I will have to type in
d r a f t - i e t f - w g etc etc. Another waste of my time along with gif
download, xml processing etc oh, did I mention all the javascripts that try to
out think me and get in the way?  mutter mutter

What does XML have to do with all of this?

Best regards, Julian