Re: The death John McCarthy

2011-10-31 17:00:03
I was at the MIT AI Lab 1967-68 and at ARPA/IPTO 1961-74 where I funded and
reviewed the Stanford AI Lab.  Later I based my PhD thesis on McCarthy's memo
on situational fluents.  I also designed but didn't implement Lisp for the
Sigma 7.

Later I ran research groups and insisted on Lisp as a requirement.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 31, 2011, at 3:44 PM, todd glassey <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>