Re: LISP, HIP & GSE

2011-10-31 17:00:39
On 10/31/11 14:45 , Doug Barton wrote:
On 10/31/2011 14:26, Joel jaeggli wrote:
At a minimum we've got more than enough hubris to go around and if
inside jokes at our own expense defuse some of that I see no problem
with it.

If you want the IETF to be an organization of insiders slapping each
other on the back while congratulating one another on the cleverness of
our inside jokes, this is clearly the road you want to travel.

OTOH, if you want the IETF to be an open body producing standards for
the big-I Internet, we may want to consider prioritizing clarity and
avoiding gratuitous confusion.

As with most speculative business one has to recognize that the process
will fail more often than it succeeds. Beyond the proccess that we apply
to the production of product, if the work product is bad then no-one
will use it. We can stand by the evidence prof provided the RFC series
and the existence of the big-I internet that it was found sufficiently
informative to be useful.

Doug