Re: The death John McCarthy

2011-10-28 10:35:13
First, as someone who chartered the working group, who has implemented Lisp
(the programming language) at least four times, and who views Dr. McCarthy as a
hero I disagree that name is problematic or disrespectful. And I almost take
offense in the claim that this is a generational thing.

I didn't charter the group and I've only done two Lisp implementations, but
aside from that, +1. (Or should I say "t" instead?)

And frankly, if there's disrespect to be found here, IMO it lies in using this
sad event as a proxy to criticize some IETF work some people apparently don't
like.

                                Ned