Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-18 12:47:40

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, John R. Levine wrote:

* - "You don't want to get locked into open source", credited to an IBM
salesman

Because once you try an open source mail reader, you'll never want to go
back to Lotus Notes?   :-)

That was way before IBM ever thought of buying the remains of Lotus.

That makes it sound like an urban rumor to me ... I'm pretty sure that
general awareness of open source as a concept let alone competator an IBM
sales man needed to be concerned about post dates IBM's acquisition of
Lotus.