RE: reading on small devices, was discouraged by .docx

2011-11-28 15:26:13

15 or 20 years ago, I might have been able to use one of those
small-screen devices.  Nowadays - no way.  If things are
displayed large enough to be legible the amount of vertical
scrolling makes reading anything longer than one (short)
sentence painfully slow.

But here's a solution: let's just wait a few more years, and
the folks who are currently so enthusiastic about using
these gizmos to read RFCs will have been compelled
by their own aging eyes to move on to something else.

[RS> ]  So should we suspend the discussion until then? :-) Personally I'm
waiting for the iPad 3 with a retina display. :-)  That should be available
sometime in the springtime and we can take up the subject then as we
traditionally do.

Randy