Re: An Antitrust Policy for the IETF

2011-11-28 20:25:00
On 2011-11-29 14:51, John Levine wrote:
Here is some relevant language from the Complaint:

"100.   By their failures to monitor and enforce the SSO Rules, and to
respond to TruePosition's  specific complaints concerning violations of the
SSO Rules, 3GPP and ETSI have acquiesced in, are responsible for, and
complicit in, the abuse of authority and anticompetitive conduct ...

As I read that, we'd be much better off having no antitrust policy
at all. Any volunteers to monitor and enforce whatever policy our
lawyer invents?

John, if they'd had no relevant rules, it would probably have read

"100.   By their failures to promulgate appropriate SSO Rules, and to
respond to TruePosition's  specific complaints concerning resultant
violations
of antitrust laws, 3GPP and ETSI have acquiesced in, are responsible for, and
complicit in, the abuse of authority and anticompetitive conduct ...

WG Chairs and ADs are already responsible for applying IETF process rules.

   Brian