Re: An Antitrust Policy for the IETF

2011-11-28 20:32:23
As I read that, we'd be much better off having no antitrust policy
at all. Any volunteers to monitor and enforce whatever policy our
lawyer invents?

John, if they'd had no relevant rules, it would probably have read

"100.   By their failures to promulgate appropriate SSO Rules, ...

Quite possibly, although it seems to me that it's a much easier legal argument to say they didn't enforce the rules they had than, that they should have been prescient and known what sort of rules would have avoided a suit.

I can't see that having a set of rules would do anything other than give potential litigants a stick to beat us with.

R's,
John