Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-11-30 13:40:10

On Nov 30, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Randy" == Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> writes:
skype etc. will learn.  This does prevent the breakage it just
makes it more controlled.  What's the bet Skype has a patched
released within a week of this being made available?

   Randy> cool.  then, by that logic, let's use 240/4.  the apps will
   Randy> patch within a week.  ok, maybe two.

Seriously, I think we *SHOULD* use 240/10.
(let's keep some for the next horrible hack)

I agree, this is a good use of the "Experimental" Class E IPv4 addresses.  It
seems to me that this is for new deployments (the CDN gear and new customer CPE
equipment).  The operators who want this should be able to make this work and
and incur the cost for doing so.

Bob