Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-12-01 07:41:14
Ralph,

Where we ran into trouble the last time on this was that the OSS systems
themselves that manage the edge devices needed to be able to actually
communicate with those devices using the reserved space (reachability
testing, what-have-you).  All that stuff runs on a variety of h/w,
including Linux, Windows, and other.  But if ops want to use 240/4, I
say have at it!  It's just sitting there, after all...

Eliot