Re: Consensus Call (Update): draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-12-05 09:36:30
On 12/4/11 12:33 PM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
3) Use RFC-1918 address space.  That would work for pure "consumer" applications, but
would break things like remote employees using VPNs.  I don't think that's a result we should want
to happen, because it affects "good-citizen" Enterprises who aren't even using that ISP
while their employees are using the ISP.

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem you're worried about here, but as far as I can tell, remote employees using VPNs are still a problem with a new allocation: If an enterprise has two remote sites, each served by a different CGN, those two sites will get address conflicts in the new space. A new allocation doesn't solve that problem.

pr

Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102