Re: [sieve] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notifica tion Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-27 02:01:44
Pete Resnick wrote:
We were told by the other company employees who facilitated the
disclosures, at the time of the disclosures, that this was strictly an
individual's failure to comply with the IETF IPR Policy, that the author
in question claims not to have understood the IETF IPR Policy, and that
the company proceeded to make these disclosures as soon as it discovered
that this IPR existed. I have no information to contradict that claim.

Barry also said that company procedures have been improved to prevent
this particular type of failure in the future.

Speaking as Sieve WG member and sieve developer, I'm in favour of
treating this as a mishap (albeit a bad one), not an attempt at deception.

Arnt