Re: IPv6 networking: Bad news for small biz

2012-04-04 03:27:14
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

... and yes, renumbering IS that big a deal.

We could go on having this argument, or we could take constructive steps
to deal with the new flexibility that we have gained from IPv6, which indeed
leads to new problems to solve as we start to use that flexibility.

The problem of IPv6 is that it was so poorly architected that
it is fundamentally broken.

Expected new flexibility had resulted in just new complications
for nothing, which causes the new problems.

Oh look, we have WGs tackling those problems: MIF, HOMENET, 6RENUM, and
of course V6OPS.

Do look.

They are adding even new problems without any flexibility, of
course.

                                                Masataka Ohta