RE: IPv6 networking: Bad news for small biz

2012-04-04 09:09:03
From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu [mail(_at_)sabahattin-gucukoglu(_dot_)com]

Is renumbering *really* that big of a deal?

I'm no expert, but I see that it easily could be.  Renumbering is one of those
things that's easily understood by IT people, but much harder for non-IT people
to do.  Also, looking at which side of the bread is buttered, a laborious but
assuredly-successful project is a *good thing* if you're an IT person but a
*bad thing*
if you're *paying* an IT person to do it.

What the customers want is to plug it in and have it work.  Surely we can
make that happen by now?  We've been at this for 40 or 50 years...

Dale