Re: Proposed IESG Statement on the Conclusion of Experiments

2012-04-20 02:20:51
On 2012-04-19 23:27, Ronald Bonica wrote:
I think that this is a case-by-case judgment call. In some cases (e.g., RFC
1475), the experiment is clearly over. IMO, allowing RFC 1475 to retain
EXPERIMENTAL status detracts from the credibility of current experiments that
share the label.

I agree that it is case by case, so I don't really see the value in the
IESG statement. If it's appropriate to write an experiment-terminating
RFC, do so; if it's inappropriate, don't bother. That doesn't need
any new legislation.

    Brian