Re: IETF posting delays

2012-05-07 17:20:00
Hi,

I think what has been lost here is that the delays were not just with my non-member submission, but also my member address as well. The fact that it is intermittent makes it all very odd. I still have yet to receive a May 6 8:49PM reply post using my member address and its been nearly 22 hours. The odd thing is that someone indicated offlist they received a copy of it. But its not on the IETF list archive and my servers show no evidence of any attempt.

My MTA machine use SPF with hard fail policies (no softfail or neutral results) and all my mail is signed, that doesn't seem to have any weight. Whats odd is if this is indeed of case of specific individuals moderation, its filtered on domains only and not the "person" because I have no problem with gmail.com postings.

Thanks

--
Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com

Mary Barnes wrote:
I agree with you John.  I know that I have had messages discarded on
several occasions.  As a moderator, I look at the legitimacy of the posting
and if it is a member of the community (it's generally very easy to tell),
then I add them as being able to post even though they aren't subscribed.
This can be very helpful as many of us use multiple addresses.

Mary.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>