Re: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-05.txt> (Sanctions Available for Application to Violators of IETF IPR Policy) to Informational RFC

2012-05-09 22:10:14
ok, ok, i put my foot in, so now have to pay

   Not conforming to the IETF's IPR policy undermines the work of the
   IETF, and sanctions should be applied against offenders.

s/should/may/

3.  Who May Call For and Apply Sanctions

   Any IETF participant can call for sanctions to be applied to anyone
   they believe has violated the IETF's IPR policy.

participants should not call for sanctions.  they should point out to wg
chairs, or ADs FACTS about questinable activity, non-disclosure, ...

and so forth.  i hope that this is not a witch hunt.  that it is not
creating courts and guillotines.  we should assume people want to act in
a responsible fashion and provide simple gentle paths to be taken when
that assumption fails.

randy