Re: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-05.txt> (Sanctions Available for Application to Violators of IETF IPR Policy) to Informational RFC

2012-05-09 22:30:30
On 5/9/12 9:09 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

i hope that this is not a witch hunt.  that it is not
creating courts and guillotines.  we should assume people want to act in
a responsible fashion and provide simple gentle paths to be taken when
that assumption fails.

Well, draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions is the stick here, whereas
draft-polk-ipr-disclosure is the carrot that we hope will make it more
likely that folks will indeed act in a responsible fashion.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/