Re: Leverage Patent Search API to reduce BCP79 related issues [was: Re: Last Call: draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-05.txt]

2012-05-10 10:57:20
BCP 79 says:

      "Reasonably and personally known": means something an individual
      knows personally or, because of the job the individual holds,
      would reasonably be expected to know.  This wording is used to
      indicate that an organization cannot purposely keep an individual
      in the dark about patents or patent applications just to avoid the
      disclosure requirement.  But this requirement should not be
      interpreted as requiring the IETF Contributor or participant (or
      his or her represented organization, if any) to perform a patent
      search to find applicable IPR.

Your suggestion seems to be in direct conflict with BCP 79.

Russ