Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-extended-doc-shepherd-00.txt

2012-08-02 01:01:22
I've posted my thoughts on starting document shepherding at the time a
document first starts its life in a working group, and on the tasks a
shepherd might perform at each stage in the document's life.  I intend
to pursue having this published as an Informational document, not a
BCP, reflecting my personal opinion.  That said, I'm interested in
comments, and might make changes accordingly.

Barry

Filename:        draft-leiba-extended-doc-shepherd
Revision:        00
Title:           Document Shepherding Throughout a Document's Lifecycle
Creation date:   2012-08-02
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 24
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiba-extended-doc-shepherd-00

Abstract:
   RFC 4858 talks about "Document Shepherding from Working Group Last
   Call to Publication".  There's a significant part of a document's
   life that happens before working group last call, starting, really,
   at the time a working group begins discussing a version of the idea
   that's been posted as an individual draft.  It seems reasonable and
   helpful to begin shepherding when there's a call for adoption as a
   working group document, and this document gives one Area Director's
   view of how that extended shepherding function might work, and what
   tasks might be involved throughout the document's lifecycle.