Re: ITU-T Dubai Meeting

2012-08-08 00:20:03
Mark Andrews wrote:

In message <5021742A(_dot_)70804(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>, Doug Barton
writes:
On 08/07/2012 00:46, Martin Rex wrote:
IPv6 PA prefixes result in that awkward renumbering.
Avoiding the renumbering implies provider independent
network prefix.

ULA on the inside + https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6296

If you are changing your external connection you may as well just use
ULA + PA.  The DNS needs to be updated in either case, the firewall needs
to be updated in either case.

And what about running apps and network connections in the connected state?

I'm also wondering about sockets in listen() on less-than-any
interface(s), bind() seems to work on IP-Addresses, not interfaces.

I have a copy Steven's Unix Network Programming
(a Volume 1 second edition that I purchase while at the
 Pittsburgh IETF in Aug 2000)

I don't see (IPv6) "renumbering" in the Index or Table of Contents,
is it somewhere describe for apps programmers how to deal with
renumbering events?  Or is it a "Reboot for changes to take effect"
type of activity?

-Martin