Re: ITU-T Dubai Meeting

2012-08-08 02:52:48
On 08/08/2012 06:30, Doug Barton wrote:
On 08/07/2012 10:19 PM, Martin Rex wrote:
Mark Andrews wrote:
In message <5021742A(_dot_)70804(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>, Doug Barton
writes:
On 08/07/2012 00:46, Martin Rex wrote:
IPv6 PA prefixes result in that awkward renumbering.
Avoiding the renumbering implies provider independent
network prefix.
ULA on the inside + https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6296
If you are changing your external connection you may as well just use
ULA + PA.  The DNS needs to be updated in either case, the firewall needs
to be updated in either case.
And what about running apps and network connections in the connected state?

If they are connected external to your network then obviously they would
have to be restarted ... but then you know that already. :)

And any mission-critical application that can't survive a disconnect and
reconnect is badly broken anyway. I've never understood why session survival
was so highly rated; this has vastly complicated every discussion of
multihoming for many years.

    Brian

If "PI everywhere" were a feasible strategy at this time, I'd be first
in line. But it isn't, so I think it's worthwhile discussing how we can
do what we _can_ do, best.