Re: Meetecho session recording for IETF-84 Telepresence (CLUE) Tutorial

2012-08-08 18:01:50
On 8/8/12 3:37 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
It's surely not perfect, but given the technology being used, it's certainly good enough and I find having the video and presentations synched is far superior to just listening to the regular audio stream. You can turn off audio on Meetecho and use the regular audio stream, but the audio will be delayed.

As a chair, I find it very useful to use the recorded session to double check my notes or sometimes clarify notes by the notetakers.

It's also extremely important to consider that these guys are providing the service at no cost to IETF. I can't fathom what the cost would be if IETF were paying for something that might meet your quality standards.

Too clarify something. The various experimental and ongoing volunteer efforts and well as contractor provided services has non-trivial trivial support costs even when they are delivered by volunteers paying their own way. We can and should (and do) evaluate how we can do better, whether they're appropiate or not and what else we should be doing.
Regards,
Mary.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org <mailto:cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org>> wrote:

    On Aug 8, 2012, at 22:38, Mary Barnes
<mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
    <mailto:mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>> wrote:

    >  If you've never had the time to watch a Meetecho session recording,

    OMG, was the audio recovered from air bubbling up from a submarine
    or what happened?

    Oh, and maybe somebody can explain the value of the audio spectrum
    above 4 kHz to the meetecho guys.

    With this audio quality, this is very close to useless (except
    maybe for historians digging it up 5000 years in the future and
    painstakingly reconstructing what was maybe said).

    Grüße, Carsten