Re: So, where to repeat?

2012-08-10 12:33:10

On 08/09/2012 09:17 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:
On Aug 9, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

offlist.
Not so much

Geoff,

Frankfurt is a city in Germany.  I believe the IETF has never been there.
Two more tidbits:
  - It's a huge aviation hub. There are direct flights from everywhere, similar
to CDG, Heathrow, or Schiphol
  - Unlike Paris, London and Amsterdam, it's not a great tourist attraction, so
conceivably it would be cheaper.
I've found it relatively inexpensive, clean and very easy to get to.

Other than those two tidbits about it, I've no idea what is to be
accomplished by someone's randomly throwing out the names of cities for
a discussion like this, especially when threads like these always have a
great deal of trouble staying focused on the /principle/ rather than
haggling the details.
The principle would be to go to aviation hubs so as to minimize the collective
pain. Most people from the US going to Prague, would have a connection in
Frankfurt, so a meeting in Frankfurt would reduce the amount of flights.
This is why I threw out a "not so random" city name - Frankfurt.

Yoav