Re: IESG Considering a Revision to NOTE WELL

2012-11-06 13:43:58
On 06/11/2012 19:30, Dave Crocker wrote:

 but I remain bothered by taking
out all the details. I understand there is a problem of attention span,
but there are not really all that many words in the current version.

Simple human factors:

   You cannot expect anyone to process a mass of text from a slide and
develop useful understanding, nevermind take required action.

Making a useful slide requires synthesizing it to show only the
essential information.  That's what I understand the current excise to
be and it is exactly the right thing to do.

The slide we show should have a very terse statement of the topic, the
reader's obligations and where to go to find out more.

The slide, yes. But there is the version you see on line, where I think
the details are appropriate.

    Brian