Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-08 14:11:26
Hi Andy,
At 11:51 08-11-2012, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
Back in the 90s, I chaired a WG that regularly had less than 10 attendees, but all of them were interested and contributed, and we got a good set of RFCs as a result. You don't need a large number of participants, just committed ones.

Agreed.

The thread that Adrian commented about was Newcomers. During yesterday's plenary someone mentioned mentorship. These (new) participants will be the committed ones of tomorrow or else there is no tomorrow.

Regards,
-sm