Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-11 16:17:50
The IETF should be leading the charge for easy to use, multi-device
readiness cyberspacing virtual meeting places, including better
electronic groupware collaboration tools, etc. It is undoubtedly and
inevitably the "Achilles' Heel" for the IETF Meeting.  So the IETF
needs to embrace it now, big time, before its too late. This includes
getting on board with membership models to subsidize the business and
its future.  This shouldn't take away "Face to Face" communications -
in fact, it will increase it.  Its much more doable with today's
higher universal bandwidth and the IETF needs to be prime examples of
the various technology it is helping put together and standardize.  In
fact, the IETF can probably learn and help improve groupware
communications with new working groups focusing on groupware.

For the record, I do think it is getting better to do remote meeting
and as expecting the general issues with real time communications is
still there but its getting better.

--
HLS